Wednesday, January 19, 2005

And great fun was had by all.

Winners never say die. At least, they're not supposed to. But think about it. Just as an action hero, all waxed up to show off that muscular torso, is about to blast the bad guy into oblivion because he killed his parents, wouldn't he shout, "DIE YOU B***ARD!!"?

Just curious.

After the draining events of last week - PlanetShakers is very shaking - you'd think a period of relaxation would be in order. To some extent, I got it. My parents, in particular my mother, don't mind Battle for Middle-Earth as long as playing it doesn't get interminable. However mixed in of course is endless chores and moving rooms. That's right, I'm swapping rooms with my sister - an interesting situation because the room my sister is moving into is called the 'Study Room', so called because all siblings before and after me live in the Study Room while undergoing years 11 and 12.

The Study Room is the largest bedroom in the house (excepting my parents', of course) and is closest to the parents' bedroom. Unfortunately there's no lock on the door, opening the way (pardon the pun) for mum to barge in at any time and tick us off for listening to music rather than studying. Even more unfortunately (though most wouldn't think so), it's also the bedroom closest to the TV and kitchen, providing the best distraction possible.

My leaving the Study Room as I complete high school just brings home how old we get so fast ... I'm 17!! ... I don't feel like being back in year 8 where, from being the big fish in the small pond, I became the small fry in the big pond. But that's what faces uni students, unfortunately. Oddly, it doesn't daunt me whether I'm in Canberra or Perth.

Went bowling today and had great fun. Proving my technique is superior I won twice in succession, whereas some people threw 5 consecutive gutterballs - not mentioning names, of course. It's just great to relax with friends for a few hours with no pressure, especially as I may not see them for a while if I go interstate.

And great fun, as they say, was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home