Thursday, January 27, 2005

Australia Day

The 26th of January is where all those wildly patriotic, beer-swilling, cricket-loving blokes get out and bellow the national anthem at the various foreshores around every capital city in Australia - around every city in Australia, for that matter. It's a great time, I also found out, to catch up with people you said goodbye to just two months ago at the end of high school. Yes, I was at Shelley Foreshore with a couple of friends, and we ran into more old friends ... including some year 11s who knew me by reputation (??) and of course, my good friend Mr Whippy. It's such a pity that the street my home is on doesn't qualify for Mr Whippy to drive by, so Shelley Foreshore was good enough for me.

I have decided on what to do for university, for those interested. It was a difficult toss-up between Med in UWA, or Actuary/Commerce in ANU ie. Canberra ie. far from home. It was a matter of weighing up the pros and cons of each, but in the end going on instinct. Do I want to do a course which I would enjoy but is far from home, or stay here with a course I'm only just partial to but would guarentee me the support I need?

Tough call, huh?

Yes, I know this is a short blog entry, but nothing much has happened in the past week. Wait a sec ... I got my driver's licence. For those who will follow, the Hazard Perception Test is without a doubt the hardest part to pass. Even the practical doesn't compare to a computer test where the image is grainy, you don't have the same vision you'd have when actually driving, and you have to accumulate 25 hours of solid driving experience before they'll even consider you for the test. I hear they're talking about upping the time to 60 hours. I pity those poor sods.

Anyway, the P's are finally official, I have the card (yes! No more presenting my library card at the cinema to prove I'm over 15!), and it's a pure pleasure to drive alone in the car without a backseat driver telling you you're speeding at 51 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home